Register
Email: Password:
Forum » Nameless mod (for now)
  • « previous
  • » next
  • Nameless mod (for now)

Pete 18 years ago
    New version is up! This time including...

Deck 2
    Deck 1
    Asteroid surface
    Two more secret areas
    Some more story
    Much more world interaction(you get to press some buttons)
    Two new major weapons and five(?) minor ones
    One normal new creature and two special secret new ones

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/168199/Nameless-rar.html
    #
    Idiota 18 years ago
    looks good. The metal pipe didn't seem to hit anything though.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    I'm too lazy to actually download it and find out. What is it?
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    The metal pipe is a weapon with 1.5 range of punch and 2 damage of it. Its downgrades are two hand wielding, long time to hit again and its heavyness. Im going to extend its range a bit probably.

To Mageking : Hard to explain. You are on spaceship which just crashed inso a asteroid.You are surrounded by aliens.
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Hard to explain. You are on spaceship which just crashed inso a asteroid.You are surrounded by aliens.
    0_o

I think I'll just go back to working on my AETAS campaign for Freespace 2...
    #
    NOSBoi 18 years ago
    Link does not work......
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Well this is just my luck. When I post a file, it takes them only 3 days to crash their harddisk. Ill post it somewhere else soon.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    Try this: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.filefactory.com">http://www.filefactory.com</a><!-- w -->
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    I arleady uploaded it again and already added more features. Deck 5 will be complete today!
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Maybe I should tell you people some things to get your attention.

1/ Im getting out of ideas for items. Any suggestions?

2/This mod is not made to be perfect. It is supposed to be done FAST. Thats beacuse I thing we dont have wery much completed mods at the moment(Map relocation, Werival and, nearly, Impandable Eilodon.) So I thought we could use one more, even if it would be a simple shoot them out.

3/Got Deck 4 nearly complete. Beta 0.2 will be out soon.

4/Dont forget the ideas.

5/ZeXLR8er!! ? Would you mind if I use your laser rifle from Wazzal 2?
    #
    Daz_T 18 years ago
    items, items, hmmm, the guys a Janitor right, how about a Mop? a melee thing that smacks em on the bonce and stuns em? or a Bucket helmet? Thats all i can think of...
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Uhh... Well... That was not exactly what I had in mind...

That janitor thingie is just a joke. I made paper version of this when I was 9 (And yes, I never heard about Notrium at that time) so it may seem a little... childish ). More about the janitor stuff when you pick up the paralysator.

Thing more in this way: You are alive, on a futuristic spaceship that just crashed in very big speed. This ship is well prepared for energency situations, excluding this one.

EDIT: Here we go, beta 0.2 is out! http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=014494389bcff015fcafd4bf
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    tested

it was damn hard to get that pistol and survive the whole thing
    tooo hard

but challenging and interesting - though i couldnt really get the computerthing to work - it showed yes and no - but it just disappeared after clicking and nothing happened i think - well just killed all those aliens after that

and i think you should add more sounds of the aliens (groaning or whatever they do in notrium) and maybe some clank sounds of claws on metal and creaking of the ship - so not only the mouse aim starts to shake x) - you know just more horror effects

btw itll be hard to dissolve the story i think - you know the asteroid->aliens thing
    #
    MageKing17 18 years ago
    "Pete" said:
    Werival and, nearly, Impandable Eilodon.
    Werivar and Impalpable Eidolon.
    "Pete" said:
    5/ZeXLR8er!! ? Would you mind if I use your laser rifle from Wazzal 2?
    I really don't think he'll mind. He hasn't done much work on Wazzal II of late (that know about), and anyway it's not like he copyrighted it or anything.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Oh yes, the computer thingie dont works, and I dont know the hell why. Just dont use the PDA close to it until i fix it (somehow).

BTW: Have you been to deck 4 already? Look under the tables and chairs in one of the rooms... Im going to delete that hatch after I get the evelator thingie working...
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    uhm ... of course - it was the only way to get the pistol if im right?
    and it was pretty hard to grab the pistol and fight those two aliens in that small room - well i opened the door just to fight against more ._.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Nah. Look more around the deck 5, especcialy in prison like room..
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    got it - but that was the last room i entered and there was the last alien i killed

btw this one seems to be more far away than the other for me >.>

anyway i think you should make an animation for the pipe thing
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Ah... well... Just look at some things drawn by me in the mod.... I cant draw very good you know....

EDIT: YES! Pillbox!
    #
    YinYin 18 years ago
    what about this?

pretty simple *bonkwithpipe*animation

#
    NOSBoi 18 years ago
    Is there anyway to getr past that area with trees (deck 4) I cant find a pascode....
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Uhm... no... I am working on deck 3 right now... But that IS going to be cool. A deck full of radiation, can you imagine it?
    #
    NOSBoi 18 years ago
    Yeah, sounds cool
    #
    ForceUser 18 years ago
    Hi

I've got a few ideas (noting that I havn't tested the mod yet, will in a minute)

1) Possible Story: Asteroid miner guy in a spaceship flying around doing prospecting work. A missile/auto targeting laser fire erupts from a nearby asteroid and badly maims the ship. The ship crashes into said asteroid by pure flying skill of the player (possibly something like the intro to notrium, cliche yes) Guy wakes up and looks around his ship but finds the armory destroyed (on landing or by the weapons) he has to fashion himself some new weapons (modern robinson) starting with the steel pipe. When the player climbs out of the ship he finds lots of corpses of scientists and army personell and the asteroid base is totally wreked. Then the aliens start to come for him. make the mod dark with a few flickering lights here and there and aslo muzzle flashes when firing at the aliens in a dark corridor (bit of horror there) This will mean that the flashlight will actually be usefull, but not with the shotgun or any rifles or big guns.

EDIT: Ok, so this isn't really feasable.. well some of it might still be, once you get off the ship and onto the asteroid. it would explain where the aliens come from.. secret experemental lab, discuised as an asteroid, breeding the things for the war.

2) Pics/Graphics: Look at my mod page under office wars and some other mods that never came into being. Use what you want (let me know) and ask me to modify/make anything you can't find.

3) Items:
    - Steel pipe + either [Jagged pieces of metal and wire] or [glass fragments + putty] to make a rather lethel spear type weapon to replace the steel pipe. Could aslo rip off the avp movie and make a spear out of an alien tail

- Steel pipe + wire/cables + strip of Plexiplastic of some sort = Steel x-bow. make some darts and you've got a relatively powerfull but slow firing weapon.

Steel pipe/rods + alluminum sheets + wire cutters(reusable) + wire = 10 or 20 x-bow darts

2 steel pipes + weak pistol = Shotgun parts + welder(reusable) = when "u"sed converts shotgun parts into a working shotgun and reduces energy by 50.

Converter: Like a food replicator, but when you use alien corpses, it convert them into carbon-units. 2 for the medium alien 1 for the small etc. These can then be used at a Replicator to make anything from a pipe, rods, wire, alluminum plate, plexiplastic, 9mm clip (1CU) or wire cutters, welder, etc (2CU) weak gun (4CU) strong gun (6CU) etc. (numbers are wild guesses )

EDIT: Add smaller aliens that can be killed with one blow of the pipe for the first deck, then find the items for making the x-bow and bolts and the spear near the end/throughout that deck. next deck can be finding more ammo & the weak gun (fires faster than the x-bow but less power) and the strong gun at the end. next level finding an upgrade to make the weak gun into a rather lethal shotgun (still uses one ammo per shot) and add a huge amount of small aliens again.

NAME: anything as cheesy as Asteroid Theta 7 or something will work till you get a decent name

feel free to use any/some/none of these ideas

ForceUser
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Hey thanks ForceUser! (At least someone cares) I make it clear now for you...

0) Alpha 0.3 is coming out in next two days! (I hope...)

1) The story is set pretty much already. And dont worry about the flashlight. One deck will be very dark and you will also get to a planet at the middle of the night... For the aliens, they will be created during... no wait, that would be spoiler...

2) For sure I can use that stuff! Do you still have the last crystal thingie (for Wazzal II) 3D model? I could use a topdown wiew of it for hyperdrive... Also I could use some graphic of rifle that launches toxic darts...

3)

-Uh... Maybe... I want the player to save munition, and if he will not, well... He have to rely on something nearly useless... Well, maybe I can make a spear, that cant do much harm to better types of aliens...

-Uhm... Look above. If you shoot all your ammo mindlessly out, you can just make yourself a lifesaver? No no, pistols, rifles or melle. Your choice.

-You will find shotgun on deck 2. (And that deck is going to be a LOT of work.)

-Maybe, explained below,below,below...

4)About the aliens... for sure there will be more types of them. Those which are now there are just that you have something to kill.

5) The asteroid is unknown. The original name was 'The crush of the World' but hey, revember, I was 9 when I did this.

6) Thanks for it again.

7) Im currently working on making all the decks. Them I add the asteroid. After that, I start making all the stuff mising now... like evelator, consoles, spacesuit, hole into space... unlockabe doors... SPOILER(maybe): getting changed into alien too...

EDIT: Hey, I forgot to mention. This mod is inspired in System Shock 2 so I decided to use sounds from it. But I cant find any .waw or any else sound files, and I lost my saves some time ago. Stupid, eh? But what I nedd right now is: Normal shot from laser pistol, and the overload one. Can someone make them from Syestem shock 2 for me?
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    Hey Pete, nice mod so far.

I was wonderin' if'n you would let me use your O2 particle in my mod?

Also, I think adding some new types of aliens should be a high priority, kinda odd with only blue aliens.
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Hey, no problem with the particle. I might add some other aliens in next (0.3) release... when I finnaly stop playing Enemy Territory baserace. And yes, can anyone make that sounds from system shock2 ? I dont want my lazer pistol sound like bbzap or something...
    #
    Inane 18 years ago
    You never released 0.3 ...

Hows the modding going, Pete?
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    Just in case anyone is interested, I have started modding again.
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    Imma download this when 0.3 comes out.. I have 1 hour of normal PC time a day, so there's no time to waste.. 2 hours on weekends and holidays though. w00t.
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    [OT]
    "Rezan" said:
    I have 1 hour of normal PC time a day, so there's no time to waste.. 2 hours on weekends and holidays though. w00t.
    What have you done to deserve such an unnatural fate?!? [/OT]
    #
    Rezan 18 years ago
    [OT]I don't know what I've done precisely, but I do live in an orphanage. Orphanages suck, for the record.[OT]
    #
    Grim Reaper 18 years ago
    [OT]
    "Rezan" said:
    I don't know what I've done precisely, but I do live in an orphanage. Orphanages suck, for the record.
    Art thou an orphan?

Well, hopefully we can be like parents to you, then.

Although less restrictive.

Anywho, hopefully you'll get a family someday. [/OT]
    #
    Pete 18 years ago
    OK, here goes the 0.3!

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php?f=a0567c6f7ad08dc415f3363d

More in first post.

BTW, suggestions are again welcome.
    #
    tucalipe 18 years ago
    Very good idea. It remembers me an kinda old game named System Shock. It looks like its sequel, SS2. I'm not saying that you got ideas from there, but both games have some points in common:

The ship is full of aliens.
    The laser pistol HAS a Normal and a Overload charge.
    You can't find anyone living in the ship, except for the aliens.
    The first fire weapon you get is a pistol, which can be upgraded after.

You could use more ideas from SS2. It was a very good game.
    For example, one of the monsters/aliens could be a crewman transformed by some kind of chemical reaction into a killing zombie

But you're doing good. I'm making a Mod myself, it's called Rescue at Notrium. It's pretty obivous, insn't? I think I'll change the name...

I think there should be more mods that goes away from the main objective of Orinigal Notrium. Like: Escaping ships, "Resident Evil" houses, and maybe, depending on the limitations of the program and/or the users' computer some kind of City, in which you are a police officer or a gang leader, and you have to set things right (I guess its called GTA, but never mind...).
    #
    Forum » Nameless mod (for now)
  • « previous
  • » next

Your email:
    Your name: